Thursday, May 31, 2012

Potty Trained??

Yesterday was our first day with NO ACCIDENTS.  Yep!  I'm pretty excited.  I know that there will be days with accidents here and there but one day without any is fantastic!

Annika really seems to like when we cheer for her and call her a "good girl" when she does pee or poop on the toilet.  I'm glad that she understands that it's good and that she actually wants to do it!  I can't believe that yesterday she even pooped in her potty.  We were having a hard time with that because it seemed like she couldn't figure out how to "pinch" off the poop so she'd get impatient and try to walk with the poop still attached!  Which meant we'd have a poop laying alone in a random place somewhere between the bathroom and where ever Annika had wandered off to!

I'm hoping we don't have any set backs or regression now.  I hear about it so often.  I'm going to give her a few months before we even attempt night time training, she's wearing a pull up now.  We have an issue with her that she likes to take a sippy cup of water to bed with her so she's always waking up wet, actually soaked.  I need to get her out of that habit but I tried one day last week only to have her wake up at 2am screaming "WATER MOMMA, I NEED WATER".  Anyone have advice on that?

3 comments:

  1. I can't help you there... mason goes to bed with a sippy cup of water too.... Otherwise he wakes up screaming in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how fast it happens? When they're ready, they're ready! Same with the night time, I think there will come a time when she consistently wakes up dry. Her body needs to develop. Some people wet at night until 2nd grade or so and it is totally normal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karina keeps a cup of water next to her bed, so if she does wake up, it's there, but it's not actually in the bed with her. Maybe you could try putting the sippy cup on a table just next to her bed; nearby but not in the bed? And my mom told me when we were potty training Karina that once they're trained, there's no real going back; there are accidents, but once your body knows what to do, it doesn't forget really. Which means, you shouldn't have to train her overnight, she should just basically do it when her body is ready. I think once the sippy cup habit is addressed, you may find you have a lot more dry nights. At least I hope so! But this is fantastic how fast she has potty trained. Yay Annika!

    ReplyDelete