Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Earrings for Annabel

We had Annika's ears pierced at about 3 months old but for some reason we've baby'd Annabel.  She's 5 months old and we finally got her ears pierced on Monday.

Josh was nervous.

Marking the spots.

Making sure they're perfect.

Cute little face!

Annika was very curious.

Making sure they're even again.

"What is going on momma?"

Piercing! (Doesn't daddy look scared for her?)

Aweee, poor baby.

Daddy makes it all better!

Poor girl, she was done crying not even a minute later.

Happy girl!

The December birthstone is blue topaz but I think these look more teal.

Annika kept telling us "babys earrings cute".  We had to tell her twice to not touch them so I hope she doesn't try anything when we aren't looking.  Later in the evening Annabel was laying on the floor crying in our room and Josh asked me what was wrong with her.  I told him I wasn't sure because she had just eaten. Annika tells us "babys' ears hurt".  Ummm....I'm not sure how she would have known that unless we have a little baby whisperer on our hands here!  How would she even know that earrings hurt at first?  It was just crazy.

Annabel has been fine since though.  She tugged on one of them once but now seems to be leaving them alone.  They just look so cute.  I'm glad we finally got them done.

2 comments:

  1. Christina,

    Was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Loved your thoughtful reasoning and description and pictures of having your dd's ears pierced as an infant. I think you were a super smart mommy for doing it now when mommy can care for them. She'll thank you later!

    Our ped also encouraged to do it when mommy could care for them. I think babies and little girls with pierced ears are adorable. It celebrates their femininity and femaleness. Like you, I kept seeing babies and little girls with earrings and how cute they were with little gold studs in their ears poking through their hair.

    Our ped gave me some suggestions for moms having their infant dd's ears pierced as well as for "Tips for moms having their dd's ears pierced/Care of Newly Pierced Ears."

    If you or any other moms thinking about it and want to do it now or would like them, write me an e-mail.

    Angie
    Angietune@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stand to have my girls' ears pierced. The idea of hurting them is too hard for me. When they're older they can. I was in high school, so I don't mind them waiting. I'm glad it worked out for you guys though.

    ReplyDelete