Saturday, May 12, 2012

Annabel~4 Month Check Up!

"Little" Annabel had her 4 month check up about 2 weeks late.  We had it Thursday which was rescheduled because our doctor had a family emergency.  This meant I had to take both girls on my own and I had never done that before.  The first appointment Annabel had we all went together and the last one I was still on leave so I took Annabel by myself while Josh slept.

I put "little" in quotes because Annabel is not little anymore!

Length: 26 inches which is over the 100th percentile (she's off the charts!)
Weight: 13 pounds 14 ounces which is the 90th percentile
Head: 16 1/2 inches which is 75th percentile

And now to compare her to Annika at 4 months:

Length: 25 1/2 inches (Annabel is longer!)
Weight: 14 pounds 13 ounces (Annika was a chunky girl but I can't believe the numbers are just reversed!)
Head: 16 3/4 inches (Only 1/4 smaller, I always remember Annika's head seeming like it was so much larger and Annabel's seems pretty normal to me)

So really Annabel has been faster growing since she was so much smaller than Annika at birth (7 pounds 3 ounces compared to 9 pounds).  I just can't believe how big she's gotten!  I think I don't realize it because Annika is older and so much bigger that I probably will always view Annabel as our "tiny" baby.

Annabel started rice cereal yesterday too.  She's been taking sometimes over 40 ounces of formula a day and our doctor doesn't like babies eating over 32 ounces.  Since we can't starve her (the child is ALWAYS hungry) he told us to start cereal and slowly move to veggies if we were comfortable with it.  Annika was already eating veggies (per me feeling like she was ready) at this age so I feel comfortable introducing Annabel to some this weekend.  I'll probably get her some sweet potatoes and green beans to start off with like I did with Annika.  Annabel did great eating her cereal too, gobbled it all up and wanted more!  She's eating almost 3 little bowls a day for the last 2 days now along with her formula.

Here are some new pictures of the happy girl!




1 comment: