Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Birthday Mom

Today my mom would have been 60.


Reading to Annika (what a chunker!)

She had a long standing (and horrible) joke that she would say she wasn't going to make it to a certain age.  When I was younger it was "I will never make it to 40".  Then it was "I will never make it to 50".  Who knew that at 58 years old she'd actually be right and not live to see 60.

Easter with Annika.

I am thankful for the time she did get to spend with Annika even though Annika will never remember.

Holding Annika for the first time (she was nervous).

I just wish she had gotten to meet Annabel.


Me and mom (I know it looks a lot like Annika).

I have lots of good memories with mom and lots of bad ones too.  We had a rough time and she had a rough  life with her mental illnesses.

Me and mom again.

But it's so sad to remember how she loved Annika and how she isn't around anymore.  She spoiled her so badly and loved her so much.  She would call every single afternoon to ask how Annika's day at daycare went.

Me and mom (gosh I'm making a face exactly like Annika does)

I used to get annoyed that she'd call every day and that she'd talk so loudly on the phone.  What I wouldn't give to have another phone call.  Just one more.  It's one of the things I miss the most about her being gone.



Happy Birthday Mom.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, really great pictures too! A very nice tribute to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me cry. I'm so sorry your mom isn't here to see your beautiful girls grow up or talk to you on the phone. It is so hard to miss our loved ones when they are gone. I'm so sorry you had to go through losing your mom when she was so young.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mom is so beautiful. I love seeing old pictures of her, and I'm also sorry that she can't be here to share in the memories. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete