Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Day 11

Today I am thankful for my job.

Sometimes I dread going to work.  Sometimes it's not so bad and sometimes I even like it.

I have worked for the same company for over 7 years now.  I started at the bottom of our department and I am now in a senior position.  The pay is great (more than I'd make anywhere else without a college degree) and the benefits are really great (dental, health, 401K that they match, 3 weeks vacation a year..).

I'm even saying I'm thankful for my job when I've just come off of a 6 day, almost 50 hour work week and I have another 6 day week this week.  Yep, OT is nice to have when you have bills to pay!

This job is also helping us to buy a house.  I have steady, reliable income.  You can't beat that.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely worth being thankful for especially in these hard economic times. So many people still out of work. You're right, sometimes going to work isn't fun, but thank goodness for the income and benefits!

    ReplyDelete