Wednesday, November 7, 2012

3 Years Old!

Time flies!

At 12:30pm 3 years ago Annika was forced into this world!



Stubborn girl didn't want to be born!  She was trying to exit via my left hip bone and was supposed to be around 12 pounds.  She was 9 pounds instead!

From the very beginning Annika was alert and extremely observant.


People we're friends with that don't have kids and don't usually like kids like Annika.  We've been told a few times that she's different.  She's like a little adult.

First birthday cake smash!



2nd birthday party dancing.


3rd birthday at her party!  Look, she's a little girl now!! (she was happy, just not with the camera)


We had a blast at Annika's 3rd birthday party.  We had it out on Sarasota Bay at the same location we've had her party for the past 3 years.  Year one a freak cold front came through that night before and it was around 50 degrees and super windy out!  Year two it wasn't as cold but the wind was so bad we had to leave.  Year 3, PERFECT!!  Not too hot, not too cold and NO WIND!

Our view!


We were surprised that two people actually brought Annabel presents.  I guess they didn't want her to feel left out.  I honestly don't think she would have noticed but she loves that she has two things that are her own.  Most of her toys, actually I think all but like 2 or 3 toys, are hand me downs from Annika and sometimes Annika likes to claim them as her own again.  This baby doll and stuffed dog belong 100% to Annabel!


Here is the birthday cake that I made and it turned out!  It's a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with chocolate chips in between the layers.  The frosting is buttercream with M&Ms around it and ballerinas on top!  It turned out way better than I thought it would and everyone thought it tasted great.


Annika was not in the mood for pictures that day.  She just wanted to play on the playground and drink fruit punch.  Oh and eat cake and Cheetos.  I'm pretty sure that's all she ate while we were out there.


Here we are with some of the group opening presents.  Annika got a lot of art supplies, clothes, glow in the dark beads, pajamas, some ballet skirts and tutus and a few other things.  She was very polite while opening gifts and thanked everyone. (I'm always worried that she might be rude and say she doesn't like something but so far she's been great!)


We had a really great time and it was nice getting to spend time with all our friends, family and Annika's friends!


1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful birthday for sweet Annika! The cake looks amazing! And I'm all for anything M&M! I usually bring a small gift for siblings if they're older than babies, just because I remember my mom doing that for me and my brother and it really did make it so much easier to watch him opening all those presents, to have just one thing even that was for me. So I usually do that; I'm glad Annabel has something that's just hers now. So hard to be second of the same gender!

    ReplyDelete