Monday, March 21, 2016

Spring Break 2016

The girls and I were lucky enough to spend last week in Arizona with my aunt and uncle.  They live on a farm sort of in the middle of nowhere and it's amazing!


Look at that sunrise over Little Thumb Butte!

Annika and I traveled out there in 2011 after my parents died and before I was even pregnant with Annabel.  So this was Annabel's first time on a plane and Annika's second, although, she doesn't remember the first flight at all.



The girls were angels on both flights!  I don't have tablets or i-pads or anything like that for them.  They both packed some crayons and coloring books and we colored together the whole time!  I got so many compliments on how well behaved they were.  The people on the flight there didn't even realize kids were sitting behind them!

We did so much while we were there.  

The zoo.


Farm chores, scooping horse poop!


 The Grand Canyon!




Roasting marshmallows.


Horseback riding.



Climbing rocks on the side of a mountain, AKA scaring the shit out of their mother.


We had very cold mornings, starting at the lowest 25 degrees.  The warmest day it reached 75 and that was the last day we were there.  We had a blast!

1 comment: