Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter Sunday

This morning I'm sitting alone in my apartment, like I said yesterday the girls are with their dad today.  I've just sat down for my morning tea (I don't do coffee) and I'm all dressed for church.

Today will be the first Easter Sunday I've been to church since 2005.  The last time I went was a world ago.  I still lived at home with my parents, I was dating my high school boyfriend still, I even still had braces on my teeth.

So the guy I went on the date with Thursday night asked me to meet him today at church.  Initially I thought it was an awful idea.  I just don't "do" church anymore.  The girls and I have gone a few times but it's always me that doesn't want to go back.  Church makes me miss my dad and our times together going.  It reminds me that God didn't give my parents enough time with Annika and that they never got to meet Annabel.  Sometimes it makes me angry.

But I'm going.  This guy, after thinking for days about it, is exactly the type of person my dad would have approved of and liked.  I don't know where it'll go, I don't know if it'll amount to anything.  Right now though I probably really need this, just to go back to church and get the girls going too every other weekend.

This is a new life I'm creating for me and the girls and it's exciting and scary.

No comments:

Post a Comment