Friday, May 10, 2013

My Sweet Girl

Last week at ballet we arrived early, really early...I hate when that happens but when you live far away from ballet school and ballet school is on your way home you have no choice but to hang out before class starts.  We just don't have the time to run home like we used to.

Some older girls, one is 7 and the other is 8, love Annika.  They are also redheads!  There is another little girl that plays with them that is also 3 years old like Annika.  They were tossing around a baby doll and being pretty mean to the doll.

Annabel pushed one of the girls aside (my tiny little girl!) and grabbed the doll from them!  So unlike her since she's usually very shy and timid.  She gave the doll a hug and kissed her on the top of the head!

I almost cried.  Such a sweet thing!

I wish the picture didn't turn out with evil red eyes!!



Then I realized the poor girl doesn't have a baby doll of her own!  So I bought her a smaller one at Target on my way home from work last week and she's been carrying it around and kissing it ever since.

Such a sweet girl.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just adore this story! That is so something I would do! I can't stand when my kids, or other kids are mean to stuffed animals or dolls, I know it's probably dumb, but I just can't stomach anyone being mean to anything, even lifeless items. I love love love that Annabel saved that doll! My Elena loves dolls, too, and stuffed animals. I'm glad because Karina does not, at all.

    ReplyDelete