Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Weekend

We had a fun weekend!

It started off with a quick 3 mile run.  It rained almost every day last week after work and I couldn't go out with the girls.

Then my cousin came down to visit us!  We went shopping at Old Navy before Josh woke up since I usually let him sleep in a little on the weekends.

Annika tried on two jackets.  We ended up buying the one on the left because it'll never get cold enough for the one on the right.  I think some people on Facebook thought I was crazy that we even buy jackets here but for us anything below 70 degrees is long sleeved, 65 degrees we wear sweaters and about 60 degrees we have jackets on!

My cousin also bought her the cutest dress and boots.  I need to get Annika to put them on and pose for me so I can get a good picture of them.  I can't wait for her to wear the outfit!

Then we went out the lunch at a pancake house down the street from us.  Their servings are sooooo huge that none of us finished our meals!  We probably could get away with ordering two meals and sharing it between me, my cousin, Josh and Annika.  Annabel did have a few tiny bites of pancake, hash browns and a small piece of egg (just to see if she has an allergy).

We went back to the house and Josh went off to play golf and the girls sat down to watch "The Lorax" for the 100th time.  It's Annika's favorite movie and actually one of my favorites too!  We all have lines memorized from it and most of the words to the songs too.

After my cousin left the girls and I napped.  For some reason during the week Annabel will take a 3 hour nap for Josh but if I'm in the house on the weekend she refuses to nap.  Flat out refuses!  So I put Annika down (who is the opposite, she won't nap during the week but naps for 4 hours each day on the weekend) and tried to put Annabel down.  Annabel immediately started screaming, stood up in her crib and made the most pitiful face ever.  I left her for a few minutes but once I realized she wasn't going to calm down I brought her into the bed with me.  After 10 minutes of wrestling with her to keep her still she slept for an entire hour next to me, woke up for a few minutes and then passed back out for about another hour!  It was wonderful!!

We waited for Josh to get home from golf and Annika read the latest issue of "Runner's World" magazine :-)

The girls attacked Josh when he got home.  Annika is blowing a raspberry on his head and Annabel is pinching his nose!

Annika says that "daddy is pretty" with his shaved head!

Sunday we went to Josh's friend from work's house.  First I went for another run!  I was trying to beat the sunrise!

They have a daughter a little younger than Annabel and another a little older than Annika.  Annika was overwhelmed with the amount of toys they have!  She played a little dress up.

I was beat from running in the morning and waking up so early so we left his friend's house so we could all take naps.  Annika went down easily again.  Josh had some things to do around the house so he couldn't keep Annabel downstairs with him.  I tried her in her crib and she freaked again and she refused to stay still in bed with me.  She cried and cried and cried.  We fed her, changed her diaper, gave her teething tablets but she just refused to nap and we could tell she was exhausted   She cried for the entire 2 hours that Annika slept.  I have no idea what was wrong with her but I know that I felt like crying!!  I was so tired because I just wanted to take a nap but I didn't get to!  Oh well, hopefully she'll get better with that, right now I'm just thankful the girls both sleep so well at night!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely feel your pain! When Elena is overtired like that, she'll cry a lot, and I just have learned to put her in her crib and leave her there unless she gets hysterical. Usually she will fall asleep, but it can take a long time. I'm sorry you didn't get your nap. That totally stinks.