Tuesday, October 16, 2012

October 16th, 2010

Every year at this time for the past 2 years I try to remember what life was like.


Things were so different, the biggest difference being that October 16th, 2010 was the last full day I had parents.

Other differences:

We only had Annika, she was 10 1/2 months old.
We had 2 dogs, Bo and Roxy (we had to give Roxy away in May of 2011 because she decided she hated Annika).
We lived in a 2 bedroom apartment.
We both worked day jobs.
Annika was in daycare.
I had my 2006 Scion TC and was making car payments on it.  Josh was driving an old beat up Pontiac that my parents bought him for $800.
My parents used to come visit us almost every Sunday to see Annika.

Now fast forward to 2012:

We have Annika (almost 3 years old!!) and Annabel who is almost 10 months.
We have Bo.
We live in a 3 bedroom townhouse.
I work days still and Josh works nights.
We are lucky enough to not have to put the girls in daycare.
I traded in my Scion for our Toyota Venza and now we have a 2005 Honda Accord that I paid cash for with my dad's life insurance money.
My parents are gone.

Losing my parents was horrible.  It was the saddest days of my life.  I look back and try to think of what life would be like if they were still here and how blessed we are even though they are gone.

But no matter how much we've been blessed with everything I would give it all away to have them back to see the girls grow up.



2 comments: