Friday, September 28, 2012

Half Marathon Training

I checked back on my old blog to compare how fast I ran back in 2010 after having Annika to how fast I'm running now.

In my first week of training back in 2010 I ran 3 miles in 35 minutes.  That's a little over 11 minute miles.

Two weeks ago I ran 3 miles in 28 minutes.  That's just a little over 9 minute miles!

I swear its the endurance I'm building up running during the week with the double jogging stroller.  I'm super excited for my half marathon in November!  It's the same race I did in 2010 and I finished in 2 hours and 47 minutes.  My average per mile was over 12 minutes, almost 13 minutes!  My mom did die 4 weeks before this race and my dad was in the hospital PLUS I had a cold I was getting over so I'm hoping for major improvement!

In 2011 I did another half marathon at 2 hours and 27 minutes (beating my goal by 3 minutes!!).  Still that is over 11 minute miles.

I'm hoping since my current training runs that I do without the stroller I average anywhere from 9-10 minute miles that I can maintain that and PUSH myself in a race.  I think my last two races I was worrying about not being able to finish so I took it too easy.

Even with the stroller I'm currently averaging 12 minute miles.  There's just no way I should be doing 12 minute miles alone!

7 more weeks until I find out what I can do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment