Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Memories Forgotten~Annika's 1st Birthday

There's a weird thing that your mind does when you go through a tramatic event, you forget everything that happened in that time period.  Not just the bad things but also the good things.

My mom died on October 17, 2010 and my dad was in the hospital from October 16th-December 4th, 2010 when he finally died.  During that time in between Annika turned a year old.  Josh and I have no memory AT ALL of her birthday party.  All we have are the pictures and what people tell us.

We know that day was cold, around 60 degrees and we had the party right on the bay!  Here are some pictures from it and I can honestly say I don't remember a single moment of this party which makes me incredibly sad.

Me and Annika!  Look how different she looks.


 My aunt with Annika and her cake.  If I didn't have this picture I wouldn't have even remembered that we did a Hello Kitty cake.


Me and Annika.


Me and Josh.  We both look happy but I know we must have been stressed!


My best friend holding Annika.


My best friend from work with Annika.


My best friend from work and me together.  She's the one that reminded me it was freezing this day.


Me, my best friend's daughter, my cousin and my aunt.


Annika at home having cake.  She must have really enjoyed it!



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you don't remember her birthday. Maybe someday they'll come back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the girl didn't eat all the cake herself.
    We celebrated a one year old's birthday with one of those reptile parties where the kids get to hold snakes and the like, followed up with a crocodile cake.
    I've been told that parties get even more full-on as the kids get older, then they go off them for a while before the teenagers change it all again.
    All the best

    ReplyDelete