Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Back To Work

Tomorrow I have to go back to work. It's crazy to think that it'll be just one day short of 11 weeks. The last time I was there I was actually in labor!

I just found out last week that my supervisor has throat cancer. He is 41, works out everyday in the gym and doesn't smoke or drink. Unbelievable.

In the 6 years I've worked for this company on our floor (there are other cases on different floors in our building) we've had 3 cases of thyroid cancer, one breast cancer, one cervical cancer and now this. Thankfully everyone has been cured after treatment. My supervisor will be gone for 2 months to complete treatment starting next week. So I will see him tomorrow, Thursday and Friday and then he'll be gone. As far as I understand it was caught early and is treatable.

I'm going to miss the girls a lot tomorrow but I am so thankful that I don't have the added stress of either of them going to daycare. Josh and I will probably be exhausted by the end of the week but we both agree it's worth it to keep them out of daycare.

I'm really going to miss this, naked painting:



She actually has a Pull Up on but typically while painting she likes to take it all off. I told Josh today that we have a nudist living with us.

And I'm also really going to miss this sweet face:



I just love when she smiles!

1 comment:

  1. That is a lot of cancer in your building! I hope your boss will be able to fight it and beat it. I know you will miss your babies. Hopefully work will go by quick and you'll be home before you know it.

    ReplyDelete