Wednesday, February 29, 2012

One More Week

I have one more week till I go back to work. My maternity leave actually seemed a bit longer than last time but all in all it has gone by fast.

I really have enjoyed getting to spend the last 10 weeks home with Annika. This is the most time I've spent with her since she was born! She's learned so much in the last 10 weeks.

~She can now help make cookies (very important!)

~She can count to 4 and then she sort of goes off on her own..8, 7, 5, 2, 4, 5...

~She can also begin her A,B,C's. She makes it to about D or E before she goes off again on her own little song.

~She probably has tripled her vocabulary. This child can talk. She even speaks in full sentences that make sense.

I only wish I could have gotten her potty trained though! That will have to be tried again soon! So far today she's taken her diaper off 3 times on her own because it had pee in it. I wish she'd realize she had to pee BEFORE doing it in the diaper!

Of course, I've also enjoyed spending time with our sweet Annabel. She's really turning into a good baby now that I have her sleeping anywhere from 6-8 hours at night. I love her little smiles too. She has such a different personality than her sister.





I can tell that Annabel will probably be our shy and quiet baby. Annika is outgoing and LOUD. It's going to be fun seeing them grow up.

I am looking forward to going back to work though. I am not the "stay at home mom" type of person at all. I'm going stir crazy. I'm tired of having someone follow me into the bathroom asking me "poop momma? You go poop?" I'm tired of watching Annika's new favorite DVD "Blue's Clues". I look forward to work, making money (I only get 66% of my pay while on leave) and adult conversation! I do not, however, look forward to seeing all the people I work with, the gossipers, the backstabbers and such but whatever. It's life and it's work!

1 comment:

  1. Your daughters are so cute, and what a precious smile! I'm glad for you that you are going back to work soon so you won't be bored. For me, it's the opposite. I love being at home and dread the day I have to go back to work (when both of my girls are in school). I'm still trying to scheme a way out of it! But I also understand what you mean--some days, I just don't want to see any kids at all, and just talk to someone who is all grown up and can answer me using words I understand...you know, because they can speak clearly! :-)

    ReplyDelete